– July 30, 2020 – ChaosSearch, Inc.
, creator of the first cloud data lake engine for scalable log analysis, today announced a record-breaking first half of 2020. At a time when many companies are struggling due to COVID-19’s impact on the economy, ChaosSearch’s 1H 2020, and particularly its second quarter ending June 30, saw substantial growth in revenue from new customer adoption and existing customer expansion. The company attributes this to the urgent need for cost-effective, hassle-free log analysis solutions that can easily handle tens of terabytes of data per day as well as help protect infrastructure against cyberattacks.
“Cloud-native applications, which are growing by leaps and bounds, are putting increasing pressure on conventional log analytics infrastructure as data volumes swell. And with the acceleration in cyberattacks since COVID-19, the need for analyzing massive amounts of security log data is skyrocketing. All of this is driving demand for cost-effective scale-out access across terabytes of data that can be retained for months and years,” said Les Yetton, ChaosSearch co-founder and CEO. “As the past six months make clear, ChaosSearch is uniquely able to deliver what businesses require. Every day we’re taking more inbound inquiries from forward-thinking enterprises with the mandate and motivation to modernize and consolidate infrastructure, enhance uptime and security, and contain costs. The remainder of 2020 looks incredibly promising for our company.”
“ChaosSearch is delivering on the initial promise of a data lake with a new approach that delivers ubiquitous data access to all data no matter the size, scale, or speed,” said Mike Leone, principal analyst with ESG. “This empowers businesses to gain insight and take action by rapidly ramping up and promoting data access and analysis to more people, at a fraction of the cost of traditional approaches with virtually no future limitations based on speed, scale, or cost.”
- A healthcare software company in the US and a research consortium in the EU that are collaborating on vaccines for COVID-19 selected ChaosSearch to monitor logs and proactively react with automated alerting and integrations to secure large repositories of research and patient data.
- HubSpot, a publicly traded marketing automation leader, selected ChaosSearch as the foundational log analytics infrastructure to support 20TB+ per day of Cloudflare log data for a critical security use case, as part of a planned transition from an in-house managed ELK Stack environment to a fully managed service.
- A global leader in guest data management and intelligence for the hotel industry with a growing data volume, wanted to move away from an in-house ELK Stack to reduce cost and complexity of log operations, and reflected that “ChaosSearch was an easy choice. All of our users were already familiar with the Kibana UI, implementation was a breeze, and ChaosSearch has been a drop-in solution from day one.”
- Armor, a top 5 leading global cybersecurity software company that protects workloads in public, hybrid, and private cloud environments, selected ChaosSearch as a replacement for a self-managed ELK Stack, to deliver an integrated log analysis solution to its customers.
- A leading SaaS healthcare payment platform vendor anticipating explosive data growth selected ChaosSearch as a managed, high-performance auto-scaling alternative to standing up an open source ELK Stack.
“The growth and success in the first half of 2020 is a testament to our overarching mission, the team as a whole, and of course the cutting-edge technology that makes ChaosSearch innovation possible. From the beginning we set out to reimagine / reinvent what a data lake could and should be, betting hard on cloud object storage and our patent-pending technology,” said Thomas Hazel, ChaosSearch Founder and CTO.
ChaosSearch provides the capabilities operational professionals need to store and analyze data at a scale, simplicity and cost that’s disruptive. The only solution based entirely on cloud object storage, its distributed architecture and proprietary indexing and compression technologies enable businesses to gain new and better insights quickly and at a fraction of the cost. ChaosSearch’s fully managed service helps businesses be much more agile and efficient, and more easily meet changing market demands.
ChaosSearch delivers on the true promise of data lakes, instantly turning a company’s own cloud object storage into a hot, robust, streamlined data analytics engine, where it is as simple to generate insights from the lake as it is to push data into it. Implemented today as a data lake engine for scalable log analysis on Amazon S3, ChaosSearch is an ELK-compatible, highly secure, fully managed service that scales to petabytes of data, quickly and at disruptively low cost. The privately held company is based in Boston, MA. For more information, visit ChaosSearch.io, follow on Twitter @ChaosSearch and LinkedIn.